Wednesday, July 9, 2008

An update!!!

Good to see you how have you been?

Here's to catch you up in my absence.

I got word back from Dallas Baptist University on the credits I petitioned. I got 9 credits, 6 lower level credit and 3 upper level credits. The problem is I only needed the upper. So i will have to take 3 classes in the fall and then I can graduate in December. I was disappointed but in my writing I don't think I did as well as I could have.

Our new Dog Keira is house broken and is extremely hyper. She is a very sweet dog, she loves hugs.

MOVIES!!! I have see quite a few movies in past few months. Here's a Quite Jedi Movie review (may contain spoilers but by now you should know this stuff)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull-

Hey Indiana, X-files called they want their plot line back. I mean come on aliens... ( oh excuse me interdimesional beings) Could we expect anything less from Spielberg, he has a thing for aliens. Oh and George Lucas please stop revamping your icons. we didn't like the new Star Wars movies and we don't like the new/ geriatric Indiana. This just made me want to watch all the old Jones movies. The CG was horrible. It made it look like a cartoon. The stunts were just outrageous and beyond belief and not in a good way. Shia was okay in the movie but swinging with the monkeys ugh I wanted to throw popcorn at the screen. okay I'm done on this one. If you want to see it great enjoy, but be prepared to be disappointed. I give it a 2/5 ( 1 is the lowest)



The Happening
Well I like M. Night's movies so this review will be a little biased. If you didn't like Lady in the Water you probably won't like this. For some people I have talked to they feel like it's a tree hugger movie (there's a pun if you have seen it.) Yeah it did have a "if we don't stop polluting we are going to kill ourselves" to it but I enjoyed it. The characters were weird and unconnected, the couple didn't even seem like a couple. I think this is one of Night's worst in the area of character development. But over all it's a little violent. But the violent seems to be in the right place. I bet with a few cuts he could have gotten a PG-13 I give it a 4/5.

Okay last one but this is a good one.


Iron Man

AWESOME!!!!
that's pretty much my review. I'm not a Iron Man fan, I have read the comic and wasn't interested in his character all that much. I like X-men and Batman more than anything. Robert Downey Jr. was the perfect cast for him and CG blended very well the everything. I only wish they would have done such a good job with my X-men as they did with Iron man. It reminded me of Spider-man on how well they tried to stay true to the comic. So I won't say too much other than you need to see this movie. 5/5

I'll try to do more detailed movie reviews from now on. I'll try to be a little better at it, Hope you enjoyed the Jedi Movie review. stay tuned.

oh and of course here's a few pics for the day...



I think this happens all over the country..

Yeah you are awesome!!!!

Who knew alligators were so agile?




If you haven't been rick rolled and you have never played an old dungeon crawler game then you probably won't get this...

I've been this depressed, he needs lobster!!!

An interesting conundrum....

1 comment:

Shelly said...

No Narnia review?

I liked the alligator picture!