Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I am a Genius!



So last night I was sitting on the couch watching Star Trek while Shelly was making dinner. We were having fish and she was going to broil it. The oven was set on broil and was heating up, Shelly was working on the other counter away from the oven. When suddenly we heard a loud squeak. I looked behind me then went promptly back to my show. It was a 2 part episode about Data and his brother Lore... I digress.




So Shelly says, "what was that?" I told her I thought it was her shoes on the kitchen floor. I looked and saw she was wearing no shoes. Then we heard it again. I jumped up from the couch and looked at the oven. It squeaked again.




I told Shelly, that there was probably a mouse behind the oven and he's stuck and he can't get out. The heating oven was burning him when he tried to escape. Shelly was really bothered by this, She said she doesn't want a mouse to cook in the oven. We had caught a mouse in the garage several weeks ago, and I figured that this poor mouse was his brother or something. I turned the oven off and sat and thought about how can I get this poor cooking creature out from where ever he was.






Then... I heard the squeak again. It was the teapot that was sitting on top of the oven. There was a little bit of water in it and it was squealing due to the steam. Shelly and I laughed and were relieved.




The moral of this story is just because you hear hooves doesn't mean it's a Zebra.






3 comments:

Shelly said...

The thought of a charred mouse in my kitchen still bothers me!

Sarah said...

At least you hadn't moved the oven before you discovered the teapot.

Anonymous said...

POOR TEAPOT