Monday, January 28, 2008

The DIE.........T

because it's going to kill me.


I shared my concern of my lack of weight loss to my trainer/elder/friend/choir director (or to those of our congregation Mike Baker) and he said you need to go on a diet.

I don't have to stay on it, but the goal is to drop as much weight as i can before the Marathon. Which, by the way, is about 4 weeks away. My time hasn't improved too much on my runs but the fact that i can even run 18 miles is great. I have been losing weight but it has been over a long period of time, and i wasted to much of that time instead of preparing. So now i get to be punished. yay...

So here's the deal below I'm going to list all the stuff i can eat from now till then and then I'll list a few things I can not eat.

Things i can eat as much of as i want:
lean steak
lean hamburger (just meat)
chicken
tuna
fish (baked or broiled not butter, sorry Paula Dean)
fresh or steamed veggies: beets, Green beans, peppers, mushrooms, lettuce, celery, tomatoes, carrots.
2 egg white per whole egg ( I make scrambled eggs or poach them, again no butter)
beans, and more beans (these are my favorite)
various walnuts and almonds in smaller amounts.
protein shake
brown rice
sweet potato

Things I can eat before or after a run or during (these are supposed to be the treats)
toast(whole grain) with jelly (still no butter)
fruits-banana, mango, apple, orange
milk skim, even chocolate milk :)
small slice of Amish bread
goo pack
Gatorade

things that are forbidden:
BUTTER
bread
cookies
candy
cheese
pretty much anything the Monk's Wife makes
potatoes
pies
anything else that tastes good :( basically if it has been processed or has a long shelf life, then I can't eat it.

I am going to miss my food, I was regulating what I was taking before on Fitday, and with the link to the right you can see what I eating.

The good news is right after the marathon I can eat whatever I want that day. so look out Cold Stone Creamery, and Red Lobster we have a date!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Butter? Forbidden? HA! Never!

But really, limiting your fat to that extreme is NOT good for you. There are good fats you know. Olive oil is a good example.
Actually, butter in moderation is not bad for you. It is "natural" and not like margarine which I wouldn't touch if my life depended on it.

Hey thanks for the hat tip! In light of its negativity, it was nonetheless a hat tip. And on my blog they get BUTTAH!!